So I’m thinking there are different kinds of tweets with different urgency and scheduling requirements:
- Tweets concerning or responding to breaking news should not be scheduled but should be posted immediately.
- Tweets in response to people’s questions or contributing to a real-time conversation are also urgent enough to be posted immediately.
- Tweets broadcasting links to new posts on my blog can be scheduled with the Social 2.5 plugin for WordPress to be published at the same time when the post appears (preferably), or can be added to Buffer.
- Original tweets, re-tweets and @replies, if not too urgent, can be scheduled with Buffer.
- Re-hash tweets, i.e. from my Twitter and blog archives, can be scheduled in Hootsuite.
Browsing through ‘AllMyTweets‘ to look at candidates for the re-hash variation, I find surprisingly many tweets that are relatively timeless and could be scheduled to be re-tweeted any time.
Maybe I’ll split them into recent and ancient stuff