[UPDATE, July 26, 2012: Found the solution:
- Connect the Logitech Harmonyh remote control via USB cable to a PC running Windows.
- Open a web browser and go to myharmony.com.
- Register or sign in and download the LogitecHarmonySoftware.exe if not already done so.
- Run the software. It will offer a browser window where you can change the settings of the remote control.
- Navigate to "Buttons".
- Scroll the image of the remote control so that the button you want to change the settings of is visible.
- From the list of commands, identify the command you want to assign to a particular button.
- Drag the command (in our case "White") to the preferred button (in our case "- +").
- Ét voilà! ]
We bought a Logitech Harmony 300 universal remote control. After synchronizing its software via Logitech’s myharmony.com website, the device seemed to work like a charm.
Until we tried to delete recorded TV programs, that is. Navigating the menu works fine, until you get to the file list of recorded programs. The on-screen instruction for deleting files shows a white button.
While the original Topfield remote control (left image) features a white button in the left-down corner, the Logitech Harmony 300 (right image) does not.
So, unless we’re overlooking a shortcut, our hard drive will be filling up with recorded programs in no time, rendering the recording feature useless.
Any clues? Anyone?